Saturday, December 30, 2006

Winter Solstice 2006

Yogi Tea Cafe


curtousy of Karta Kaur, from the engineers perspective


So here is the first in my Winter Solstice series of audio posts. One of my favorite things about the Solstice experiance is Yogi Tea Cafe (thank you Guru Ganesha). Every Solstice, winter or summer, there is live music in the food/hospitality area. It's always very organic, Guru Ganesha makes a loose schedule which is always subject to how late Tantric goes, and often people just jump on stage and sit in with each other. Spiritual jam sessions.

The first night was was mostly Guru Ganesha with Sat Jot (Gabrielle) on Keys and back up vocals, Siri Om Singh on percusion and back up vocals, and Karta Kaur on back up vocals. This particular track is just a portion of of a 50 minute jam based on Ma from the album Pure Ganesh.

Ma Medley
Download


Here's a sample out of the second night. Siri Om Singh. He played his drum and sang back up with most of the music at Winter Solstice. An awesome musician and great guy.

We Got Work to Do
Download

These three tracks are all from the last day of of the Yogi Tea Cafe at Winter Solstice. The first one is Hari Bhajan Kaur playing her classic birthday song "On This Day." The second track is me and Siri Vias or Doug playing some good ol' Tantic blues. And the last track is the etremely talented, first time Solsticer, Whitney. She's a profesional musician from Denver, Colorado who blessed the Solstice sound crew, and Winter Solstice in general with her amazing presence and music

On This Day
Download

Tantric Blues
Download

Black Zero
Download

I am going to continue posting some of my favorite recordings from Winter Solstice. I'm thinking of doing a Sadhana themed post, a Gurduara themed post, a Rensabai themed post, and maybe a misc. one. I'd like to put a cool picture with each one, but I don't have a camera and I've already used all the pics I was able to get my hands one. If you were at Winter Solstice and have some good pictures that I could use, send them my way. sdskhalsa@gmail.com.

Enjoy the music and peace to all.

No comments: